Talk type: Talk
B-tree Indexes in Databases: IndexedDB and PostgreSQL Examples
A talk about how normal™ indexes work in databases. It will be extremely useful both for those who start working with databases, and for those who worked previously, but forgot a lot. Are you using IndexedDB? And the order of columns in an index correct specifies? Or maybe you have a PostgreSQL backend. And there without indexes anywhere.
- How the index speeds up searches
- Whether to index where conditions
- Do I need to index conditions in order by
- Should foreign keys be indexed
- What to do if there are several search criteria
- What is the order of the columns in the index?
- Cases where the index slows down, and how to reduce the impact of the index on the application
Company: Yandex Market